07 Dec Tag you’re it! What are your Groom responsibilities?
So naturally one of your main responsibilities for the big day is to make sure you rock up, looking stylish AF & on time. But before we get there you will have a number of other responsibilities along the way that you should be across.
Some typical groom responsibilities include:
- Picking your bridal party- make sure you and your bride discuss how many people you want in your bridal party……before you go and ask your 7 mates to stand by your side.
- Organising the groom and groomsmen attire. Remember to add your personality when selecting your outfits and think about the little details like corsages & ties.
- Select thank you gifts for your groomsmen. It doesn’t have to be an extravagant gift just a little gift to say thanks. Popular options include hip flasks, bottle openers, a beer mug or stubby cooler.
- Research vendors like transportation, caterers & entertainment. Get involved with the planning & help out with organising all the details.
- Find a small gift for your bride and writing a heart felt note. Tip give this to the bridesmaid to give to your bride on the wedding day.
- Write your vows & wedding speech. Check out our vow writing kit for tips on writing your personalised vows.
- Grooms please note this responsibility is very important and should be placed at the top of the list. Make sure your bride is kept happy and stress free at all times.
Some joint responsibilities include:
- Setting a budget.
- Picking your celebrant and other wedding vendors.
- Selecting your guest list and planning your seating arrangements.
- Planning your honeymoon.
- Choosing wedding bands.
- Choosing the food and wine.
Remember your wedding day is just as much about you the groom, as it is about your wife so assist with planning and have your say on the things that are important to you.